ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Memory Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bp_travis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Memory Issue
    Posted: 23-December-2008 at 11:33am
Hello. We are running out of memory on our store and its causing problems on the server. How much memory should be allocated to the application pool? We are using a shared server. We don't have heavy traffic (around 600 pageviews a day). Any suggestions? Thanks
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-December-2008 at 11:40am
Are you running Access or MSSQL?  What host?
bp_travis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bp_travis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-December-2008 at 12:01pm
We are using MSSQL. Our host is Vertex. 
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-December-2008 at 9:02am
Well, I'm afraid of making a blanket assumption, but when I look at their plans (and without knowing what plan you are on) I have to wonder what compromises they make, or shortcomings may exist, with such a service. 

I have seen a couple recent stores who were losing sessions, thus their shopping cart sessions were being lost.  One was Verio, obviously a big player, but offering similarly discounted plans. The client moved to a new host and the problems were immediately resolved. 

Nothing comes for free, and if a host is going to give away there services they have to make cuts.  Your plan may call for very limited resources in the application pool, causing frequent server resets.

One thing you may want to look into is whether you are in your own pool or the general pool.  If you are in the general pool, and other sites with more traffic are causing resets, that could be affecting you regardless of your low traffic.  Otherwise I'd spend the money and go with a new host if this doesn't get resolved.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic