ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Checkout Process

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Checkout Process
    Posted: 19-December-2008 at 2:08pm
I've just noted a problem when checking out. If I have a product shown as Free Shipping (by checking No Shipping Charge and Display No Shipping Text checked in CP) and the Customer has a separate shipping address, the checkout process skips over the shipping tab but on the Summary Tab it has the shipping address the same as the billing address. I doubled checked that the customer has a separate shipping address which is shown as the default shipping address. Any ideas on what's happening here? Confused

On another area, is there a way to suppress the url from printing on the Printer Friendly Invoice? It shows the full path to OrdInvoice.asp.

Thanks for any help or ideas.

Alan
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-December-2008 at 3:40pm
Hi Alan,
   Can you please raise a support ticket so we can investigate properly. Thanks.
macleather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-December-2008 at 3:46pm
Thanks Hamish,

Will do.

Alan
ericpollard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericpollard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-December-2008 at 1:40am
So was this fixed?  Is it a common error that requires a patch? 

I often require free shipping, but haven't put my site online yet.  Will this happen to me as well... ?
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-December-2008 at 4:28am
Hi Eric,
     It wasn't broken. There is a setting in the Shipping Settings page which controls this behaviour :-
"Hide shipping address Input form when only products flagged as "No Shipping Required" are in the cart. "
If it's unchecked the shipping address input field should display when only products flagged as "No Shipping" are in the cart.
macleather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-December-2008 at 12:04pm
Hi EricPollard, Hamish is correct, it was not broken. Due to an upgrade problem I had, that setting to hide shipping address got inadvertently checked. (which by the way the quick and fabulous EI support team found very quickly). Everything is working fine now.

In case it helps, here's how I do the free shipping. I changed Line 713 (in my version) in Languages.asp from "No Shipping Required" to "FREE SHIPPING" then on the "Other Settings" section of the product page in CP I select "No Shipping Charge" and "Show No Shipping Text" and as a result "FREE SHIPPING" appears on the product page. In my case, it's all capitalized and in red for best visibility. Works Great.

Hope this helps,

Alan
ericpollard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericpollard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-January-2009 at 2:36am
Good to know it wasn't a problem.  I assumed it wasn't because that would just be a ridiculous error, but you never know! 

Thanks for the tip macleather, I'll make a note of that.  I may end up using that idea.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic