ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why Are Images Being Truncated or Cropped

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pringlezimring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why Are Images Being Truncated or Cropped
    Posted: 03-May-2008 at 8:35pm
Hello -
I used Photoshop to batch resize by product images. I then uploaded them all by FTP. I am now proofing my site since I hope to launch soon. I have numerous SKUs that have 2-4 product images. When I click on one of those images and a window pops up to see all of them enlarged, some are truncated. Or perhaps the window just doesn't open all the way, BUT I can not resize it. The bottom of the pictures is cut off.  I even tried to change the size of that detailed image from 450, to 400 and 350 px when resizing. It doesn't matter. That new window doesn't show me the full size on the jpeg.  

In addition, if I upload images for one product at a time using PC image resizer tol, I believe this "cropping" happens as well. 

To be clear, this does not happen all the time, but I have enough to fix before I consider launching this new website.

Any thoughts? Do I have to go back and reupload all again?  If so, what do I need to do differently?

I have a pdf I can show you. It wouldn't let me upload a jpeg here.

THANK YOU. Stacy
pringlezimring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pringlezimring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2008 at 8:42pm
uploads/688/imagecroppedonbottom.zip
Here is a zipped file of the problem as described above.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2008 at 8:43pm

Are you referring to the image referenced in the following FAQ?

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
pringlezimring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pringlezimring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2008 at 9:03pm
I just went to the ftp site and took a screen shot. I don't have that js file in that folder. There is one ending in "includes > javascripts > pcWindowsViewPrd.asp
Do i change that file or is something missing?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic