ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Backorder notification

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vertcnc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Backorder notification
    Posted: 18-August-2010 at 10:47pm

How is customer advised of a backorder or partial backorder? As a new user to Product Cart, have I missed a solution to notifing the customer that the order has some backordered items? I have our store setup to allow backorders on a per item basis, allowing multiple shipments. On the product view I have it setup to show current inventory and also advise of low stock. I would like to be able to advise the customer at checkout which items are in stock and which are backordered. Does anyone have a solution? Or at least advise the customer at order confirmation that all items are not currently in stock.

Thanks
Tim
Valley Hydraulic Service
www.valleyhydraulic.com
ITistic View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ITistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2010 at 5:23pm
According to the Wiki there is an email sent to customers when their order contains back-ordered items. If this is the case it should be fairly straight-forward to customize this email. Let me know if you'd like us to help.
Shawn Berg
Owner / Project Manager
(877) iTISTIC / (877) 484-7842
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic