ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Navigation: alignment of +/-

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Navigation: alignment of +/-
    Posted: 19-June-2008 at 1:05pm
In the standard navigation (as provided by PC), the [+/-] button is higher then the text of the categories, as you can see here:
Nav1

Is there a way to get them a little lower, so they will be horizontal aligned in the middle with the text? Example:
nav2

I've tried figuring this out in the genCatNavigation.asp file, but without success..

Anyone any solutions to this?

Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2008 at 1:13pm

It's a matter of careful refinement of the CSS settings.  Have a look at http://www.pestdetour.com/ and examine the inline style settings that I adopted for the navigation elements.  Might also want to compare the revised pcHeaderFooter.css to a stock .css file and see if I have changes - I don't actually recall now.  Try www.compareandmerge.com for checking differences.

worldofrugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2008 at 3:03pm
Thanks Greg,
That site indeed has what I'm looking for... I'll check the sources later on... Wink

Perhaps a tip for others that do not like to spend money on a compare program:
ExamDiff is a tool just like Compareandmerge... They have a free version, and a paid version that has more options...
worldofrugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-July-2008 at 2:02pm
Well I found a solution that works for me..
I have not done it via a CSS, but plain in the code of genCatNavigation.asp -->

I deleted the following part from the original code (at line 68):

align=""absmiddle""

Simple solution and lines up perfectly! Clap

(Makes me wonder why EI has put it  in...)

Thanks for the help Greg!
bearlygrins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bearlygrins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-August-2008 at 1:13am
I wasn't able to get mine lined up by removing the alignment from genCatNavigation.asp or adding to the .css. But here's an even easier solution:
Modify the btn_collapse.gif and btn_expand.gif in your pc/images folder by adding 3 pixels to the right and to the top of each. Works great! Feel free to grab a copy from my site at http://superoutletmall.com/productcart/pc/StoreMap.asp
http://superoutletmall.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic