ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Free Shipping and Coupon Use

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrekLightGear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free Shipping and Coupon Use
    Posted: 11-November-2008 at 8:02pm
I apologize if this question has already been answered, I searched the knowledge base and this forum but couldn't find an answer.

I've got my USPS settings setup to automatically apply free shipping for orders over $90.  The problem is that when customers use coupons it's still applying the free shipping even if the final order total is well below $90.   I really don't want to offer free shipping unless the customer is actually spending over $90, but I can't find a way to prevent this.   If I put out a big coupon and a customer is already saving a significant amount, it definitely hurts if I have to provide free shipping on top of that even though the actual order may only be for $60.

Anybody know a way to fix this so PC only gives the customer free shipping if the order total after any coupons are applied is over a certain amount?
Cliptomania View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliptomania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2008 at 1:23pm
The coupon code set allows you to designate the use of only 1 coupon per order.  Doing so would solve this problem.
Clip Earrings on the Web
TrekLightGear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrekLightGear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-November-2008 at 5:24pm
I'm not sure if you misunderstood the description of the problem or if I'm missing something.   The customers are not using two coupons.   The free shipping is being triggered by the option on the USPS shipping settings page that says to make the shipping free for orders over $90.

As standard practice I already set my coupons so that only 1 coupon can be used per order but this does not resolve the problem since the free shipping is not being triggered by a coupon.
WGSnet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGSnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2009 at 2:29am
Are you using discounts?

We're having the same problem you are describing because the cart is using the cart total BEFORE discounts and giving Free Shipping to customers with order totals under $150 (our set Free Ship amount) AFTER discounts.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2009 at 7:51am
Just a note to let you know that we are looking into this issue. We have already come up with a temporary fix, but this needs more testing. Since the fix affects files that change quite a bit from version to version, please submit a support ticket to inquire about it. We will ask you to send us a couple of files that we will modify for you and send back.

Once we have a "final" fix, we will post it to the "Just In" section of the Support Center.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
TrekLightGear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrekLightGear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2009 at 9:58pm
Thanks, it's good to know this is being resolved, I was wondering how this wasn't an issue for more people. 

I'm still on 3.11a but I'm actually itching to make the upgrade soon so I may just save you the trouble of having to patch me twice.  I'll open a ticket as soon as I'm there.   If anything changes or you release a patch, please let me know or update this thread.  
Seth Haber
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic