ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Automated help desk image request

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windowfilmguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Automated help desk image request
    Posted: 07-March-2014 at 9:39am
We want to create a line of product which requires the customer to upload a jpg or pdf as part of the order. We understand that the help desk is the way to have customers upload an image into productcart and that all the images/attachments are stored with the order records.

We sell many products that do not require a file upload, so only when a customer purchases a product requiring an upload, we'd like to automatically create a product cart help desk thread and send the customer an email explaining the process.

any one point me in the right direction?

v4.7a with apparel add on
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2014 at 9:45pm
Sounds like an excellent way to work with the application as designed ... but, yes, I see where you need a "tie in" here to make it work for you.

Thinking rather "off the cuff" here, it seems to me that this could be tied in relatively easily with our HTML Emails add-on -- in that this gives options to do more with order confirmation emails and really highlight certain things in the display if necessary.

Of course, as second email in addition to that could be an option too, but either which way I'm curious what flag in the data would indicate that a product in the order requires this.
netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-March-2014 at 9:23am
The easiest way we've found to add "flags" to products without doing customizations to the admin modules is using the product notes field. We create a unique string like this {flagname:value} which gets added to products as needed, i.e. {RequireImg:1} or just {RequireImg} in this case and it would only be added to those products that require the extra processing.

Then in pc/ordercomplete.asp custom code would need to be added to check if any products in the order included the flag in the notes. If so, create the help desk entry and send the email.

Another option instead of the email would be to show a message at the top of the order complete page with a link to the Help Desk so they can upload their file as soon as they complete the order.

Hope that helps!
NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic