ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

updated meta tags, now have 500error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manabeads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: updated meta tags, now have 500error
    Posted: 17-April-2014 at 4:13pm
I've been using ProductCart for years.  I just updated my meta tags in the control panel and all of a sudden I'm getting 500 Internal Server errors! The server is working, just product cart is affected. Anyone have an idea where I could look to find the problem?!
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2014 at 8:19pm
It's impossible to troubleshoot the problem without a detailed error message, so you should contact your hosting provider and have them enable detailed errors for your site. In IIS 7, you can also use a "web.config" file to force the raw error to be shown.

After that has been done, you might also need to apply the Code Debugging tip as detailed in the following WIKI article:

Knowing the raw error will likely point you in the direction to solve the problem.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
manabeads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manabeads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2014 at 8:45pm
Holy cow. Thanks! Found it, restored it. Back on track.  

Although I'm not sure what exactly went wrong at this point. It was the meta description in  the ...includes/settings.asp file. 

At least I know where to look. 

Thanks again!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic