ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Add fields to Credit Card info area

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradgray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Add fields to Credit Card info area
    Posted: 11-July-2007 at 10:12am
We take credit cards offline. Our order dept. wants me to add a field for the
3-digit security code, and also a "Name exactly as on card" field. I can't
figure out how to do this. Is it possible
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2007 at 10:36am
No, this is not possible. It violates the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
bradgray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradgray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2007 at 11:32am
I downloaded the document, and it says that you can't "store" the number.
But as I understand it, you can ask for it on a per-transaction basis. That's
what we need it for. I wasn't wanting it to "keep on file." Not having a field
for it means we have to email the customer on every transaction, if it is our
policy to require it (and we pay less in fees by requiring it).
GavinB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GavinB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2007 at 7:18pm
As earlyimp said  - there are rules about PCI Security. However it can be done and I guess it is up to you to interpret the rules for your business. One way is to not use the 'Offline Credit cards' but instead create your own Visa, Mastercard etc using the 'Debit cards, store cards, and other custom options' area. In there you can create your own fields and choose which ones are 'required'

Confetti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Confetti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-July-2007 at 2:08am
Originally posted by earlyimp earlyimp wrote:

No, this is not possible. It violates the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards.

Can you clarify this statement.  I read this last week, and couldn't believe what I was reading.  Figured it had to do with a control panel entry or something, but reviewing Product Carts default Check Out Credit Card Form, the 3 digit security code is NOT THERE.  1st: the 3 digit number does not have to be stored.  2nd, If it is not required and NOT entered, ALL Payment Gateways will charge a higher discount rate.  3rd, Most major companies require it.  For example - go to your personal Paypal account, and try to enter a new Credit Card without one.  They will not let you.  If there is a restriction it must be STORAGE ONLY.  Please review this Standard again.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-July-2007 at 2:47am

The PCI regulation on this topic is very clear: the card security code cannot be stored. If we allowed you to show it on the "Offline Credit Card" form, that means that ProductCart would then store it in the database for you to use at a later time, which cannot be done. It's that simple.

Of course ProductCart supports the use of the card security code with every payment gateway that has been integrated into the system. In that case, the card security code is verified in real time by the payment gateway: it is never stored by any party during the transaction.

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic