ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

User registration issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtualimage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: User registration issue
    Posted: 01-November-2007 at 10:20am
Hi,

I understand why a user account is created even though a user chooses not to create an account. My issue is that if a user chooses not to create an account and then returns to buy another product, they must enter a password if they're using the same email address. This is causing problems for our customers and also creates another step for them. They have to be notified that they must send a password reminder if they've purchased at the store before, even if they didn't create an account.

Any workarounds for this?

Thanks,

Quinn
RobertZ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2007 at 8:31pm

I understand what your saying but its better to force them to create an account. Most online shoppers know to buy something they have to create an account. Its not going to harm sales.

If they create an account they have access to previous orders, helpdesk, RMA stuff and a few other features. It also makes the retailers life easier as they can keep control of their previous clients.

Rob

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic