ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UPS Shipping Rates in Canada

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UPS Shipping Rates in Canada
    Posted: 18-August-2008 at 8:49pm
I am a Canadian store selling to Canadian customers. I  am in the process of setting up my shipping options and have activated UPS. The only way to get UPS ground rates returned in my shopping cart, however,  is to select the shipping option "UPS Standard To Canada" in the control panel (selecting "UPS Ground" does not return any rates). The  option "UPS Standard To Canada" is confusing to the customer since we (and they) are in Canada. It appears like I am connecting to an American based UPS online site. Are other Canadian stores using the "UPS Standard to Canada" option as well or is there a Canadian "UPS On-line" site to which my store can attach? Alternatively, can I edit the text to make it less confusing to my customers?

Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2008 at 9:59pm
I have a client who is also a Canadian merchant.  When I pointed out your post to  him, his response was as follows:

Now, my advice is to use CanadaPost Expedited Parcel for in-Canada orders.  That’s what we do.  It’s quite fast, and it’s quite cheap now.
DonnaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2008 at 10:42pm
Thanks, I compared prices and you are correct. CanadaPost does appear to be cheaper. I was going to present a couple of options for my customers to choose from but perhaps CanadaPost would be the preferred method anyway.
Espressotec View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Espressotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2008 at 6:34pm

We always use Canadapost for any shipping we do

DonnaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2008 at 9:04pm
OK, everyone has convinced me to use Canada Post as my only shipper for my Canadian store (it is so much cheaper than the alternatives. Thanks for the advice). The problem is -  Canada Post is not showing up as a shipping option in my storefront even though I have activated it within the ProductCart control panel. I have confirmed with Canada Post that my account is active and on a production server. I am accessing the Canadapost server (sellonline.canadapost.ca:30000). What am I doing wrong/missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-September-2008 at 12:13pm
FYI: The customer opened a support ticket and the cause turned out the XML parser. We changed it from version 6 to version 4 in the Control Panel (Help > Troubleshooting Utility), and rates were returned immediately.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic