ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Admin - Cross sell settings - Product

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Admin - Cross sell settings - Product
    Posted: 26-December-2008 at 10:40am
V3.5 I'm having difficulty getting cross sell to display on the view product page so I started poking around and noticed that if I set Product only display settings in the CP crosssellsettings.asp then nothing is updated/inserted into the table crossSellData. I don't think that has anything to do my current problem, but thought I'd let you know.

I'm not a programmer's programmer but suspect that maybe this is in the wrong logical place?
"     
query="INSERT INTO crossSelldata (id, cs_status, cs_showprod, cs_showcart, cs_showimage, crossSellText, cs_ProductViewCnt, cs_CartViewCnt, cs_ImageHeight, cs_ImageWidth) values ("&idmain&","&cs_status&","&cs_showprod&","&cs_showcart&","&cs_showimage&",'"&crossSellText&"',"&cs_ProductViewCnt&","&cs_CartViewCnt&","&cs_ImageHeight&","&cs_ImageWidth&");"
     set rstemp=conntemp.execute(query)
     set rstemp=nothing
"

because that section appears to be the logic for pulling current settings from the table for display.
cmason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-December-2008 at 11:14am
I just tried cross selling on the demo BTO store and it doesn't display cross sells on the product detail page either. Process I used was to add products to cs in the CP and then view the demo storefront for that product.

I also looked at our V3.12 BTO site and noticed cross sells aren't displaying there either

Cross sells do show on the standard demo product page http://www.earlyimpact.com/demos/standard/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=4&idcategory=5

I'm presenting V3.5 on Monday and really need for this to work
CP

Store
cmason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-December-2008 at 1:06pm
I *think* it may have something to with cross sell not showing if "Add to Cart" doesn't display???
avalight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-January-2009 at 11:00pm
This may should too basic, but did you turn cross selling on under the Cross Selling>General Settings?  And second, make it active for the product pages?  I have v3.5 Apparel Add-on and it works fine.  I did move the code so that it appears after the product description.  This I did in the one of the viewprd.asp files, the one that matches my display style (ie image on right)
Best
Curt
cmason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-January-2009 at 7:55am
You're probably also allowing "Add to Cart". Problem is that no cross-sells show if there is no "Add to Cart". I still want the cross-sells to show even if the main product can't be purchased due to inventory settings or store settings, etc.

For now I've just customized it with an external query and display that doesn't worry about one click adding a cross sell to the cart. From a review of the stats it didn't appear that anyone was doing one click add to cart of a cross sell w/o looking at the product details. It was adding complexity and the additional functionality wasn't being used.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic