ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question for developers about custom price vs ...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedQuestion for developers about custom price vs ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2009 at 4:14am
Poisoning the well?  Making myself look poorly?  Making a big fool out of myself?  What?  You are completely misrepresenting this thread.  Please, stay on topic and refrain from the ad hominem attacks.  Like I said in my last comment, if I do business with a developer and I want the public to know about my experience than I will leave a review.

This thread is directed at developers in general.  I want to discuss the ethics involved in your line of work, and find out what everyone considers acceptable or unacceptable behavior, because honestly - before I started this thread, my impression of developers in general was kinda low... so I was hoping that I could ask some questions and have developers themselves change that impression by letting me know what they consider ethical and unethical.

After, I received a few replies, which I felt didn't properly address my question - I grew frustrated because I thought maybe my impression of developers in general was true, but I don't want that to be the case - because I will probably need to use a developer at some point in time.

I started the thread on this forum, because if I do need custom work for PC in the future, I want to know if there are any developers in this community who I feel, have the same ethical standards as myself.

Trust me, if I need development work for something other than PC, I will most surely ask other developers these same series of questions, to find out whether or not they are someone I want to do business with.

Edited by JWL - 18-September-2009 at 6:55am
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2009 at 5:41am
Originally posted by JWL JWL wrote:

You are completely misrepresenting this thread.

I do not believe this to be the case, Matt.

This thread is directed at developers in general.  I want to discuss the ethics involved in your line of work, and find out what everyone considers acceptable or unacceptable behavior, because honestly - before I started this thread, my impression of developers in general was kinda low... so I was hoping that I could ask some questions and have developers themselves change that impression by letting me know what they consider ethical and unethical.

Are you deaf? The  response from developers on this forum has be RESOUNDINGLY clear.

Maybe you need to take it up on an more general forum as I've suggested. This forum is about ProductCart, not your more general question about developer ethics, etc...

After, I received a few replies, which I felt didn't address my question - I grew frustrated because I thought maybe my impression of developers in general is true, but I don't want that to be the case - because I will need to use a developer at some point in time.

Then apologize to the good folks here after you cast a pale on us all. You honestly need to eat some humble pie here, Matt. You were really out of line. Just say you are sorry.  Might help some folks to see you as less caustic down the road here.

I started the thread on this forum, because if I do need custom work for PC in the future, I want to know if there are any developers in this community who I will feel comfortable working with.

Well, you certainly went about it the wrong way, man! You just pissed everyone off here. Good luck getting anyone to even answer an email for phone call from you now.

Trust me, if I need development work for something other than PC, I will most surely ask other developers these same series of questions, to find out whether or not they are someone I want to do business with.

And you will find find the situation the same if you find any good folks there.

I'm not bullsh*tting you here, Matt. I've well over a decade of experience building shopping carts for folks, and over 300 current clients. Greg at GBDG is similar (I've known and collaborated with Greg for about a decade now). The other developer you appear to be slandering here is also top notch. You are seriously NOT making any friends here with the best and the brightest; you're just shooting yourself in the foot, as it were..
JWL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2009 at 6:35am
If every developer in this thread, who has read every one of my posts - thinks that every example I gave is ethical and acceptable behavior, than I owe no one in this thread an apology - because, every one of the examples I gave - if they were to happen... is completely unacceptable - and I gave very detailed reasons for why I believe that to be the case.

You say, I should be ashamed for voicing my concerns about the ethics of developers?  Sir, do you understand that I have every right to object to behavior that I consider unethical or unacceptable or do you think I have to conform to other people's standard of ethics?

You know what, maybe we should just end the thread here - because, obviously we're not gonna see eye to eye on this subject - and I really have no desire to continue addressing ad hominem attacks, when I have done nothing but voice honest concerns.  Thank you.

Edited by JWL - 18-September-2009 at 6:38am
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2009 at 6:48am
Hi Folks,
   I don't know any of the background to this spat & I thank everyone for not naming specific companies or individuals.  I would just like to ask that this thread be wrapped up ASAP as it's not going anywhere useful and is not particular to ProductCart.

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2009 at 12:26pm
Yep. Time to move on. Thread closed.

Massimo
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic