Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Select All

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2010 at 6:18pm
ACTMARK: can you clarify exactly which feature is timing out?

Please provide the exact steps that you are taking, since features like "Export for Re-import" behave completely differently depending on which selections you choose.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
ACTMARK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACTMARK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2010 at 7:30pm

I use the export for reimport feature and I select all fields and all SKUs.  I've also tried just the fields that are automatically selected and it still times out.  I was told by support to export 1,000 at a time as a workaround solution.  I'm just a little suprise since I spoke with 2 web hosting companies (not GoDaddy) and they both said 7,000 SKUs is not consider a large database and it shouldn't do that.  I've never use Product Cart before so I'm just not sure if this is the norm.  Ultimately, once my database is completely built, I would like to be able to export and update by category or by vendor or brand and that's where I run into the problem of the select all which is really more of a 'select all on this page'.

ACTMARK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACTMARK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-April-2010 at 8:14am
Actually, my developer came up with a quick and easy fix.  On the search screen, you can select how many search results to display on each page.  He simply added a selection for 10,000 which essentially covers all search results.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic