ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Improving ProductCart for phone ordering

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
cpgmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpgmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Improving ProductCart for phone ordering
    Posted: 13-March-2008 at 11:32am
The biggest problem with this mod is that once a new customer is added, you actually have to search for them again before getting to the link for the phone order.  Is there a way to make a button from the new customer entry page that will open the phone order mod?
Cindy

The Tasteful Garden

www.tastefulgarden.com
cpgmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpgmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-January-2008 at 2:25pm
Hi,
I tried to purchase this mod, is it still available?  Please let me know.

thanks,
Cindy

The Tasteful Garden

www.tastefulgarden.com
shawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2007 at 1:34pm

Is there a demo site where I can take a look at it before I buy it.

Thanks Shawn

Jacki Loomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacki Loomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2007 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by sawan sawan wrote:

Hi Jeff,

This add-on is just for you, and works in the exact environment you suggested.

The product is about to go LIVE, I had few issues i wanted to clear before it, should take about 3-4 days to complete them.

I will let you know soon.

Regards,
Sawan

p.s. just sent you a PM with beta link for working version of the module. hope you like it.

shawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2007 at 8:09pm

Does it work with Build to order version of PC. I am interested in ordering this, but I have done lots of customizing so I wanted to know if there are lot of files under the pc folder which needs to be modified.

Thanks

Shawn

dcunningham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcunningham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-October-2006 at 1:27pm
Well Sawan,  you made this lemon into lemonaid. Your new version of the files worked just as the demo did. Thanks for taking the time to fix this and get it working. The way you handled this problem gives me a lot of confidence in purchasing future work from you. Good luck on this and have a great day.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcunningham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-October-2006 at 7:37am
Hello,

The server is controlled by my clients IT department and they have denied me your request. In all fairness, the installation of the files is pretty easy, change code in two files and  'copy these 10 or more files to the 'pc' directory' , you'll have to admit its pretty hard to mess that up! Anyway, the installtion went fine, there is nothing for you to check there. The problem is in the way the data is transferred from one frame to the other. The purchase page says that you charge $10 or so for installation fee, without any phone support, only email.

My clients system is very standard in its configuration and your mod should not have to be tweaked at all in order to work. A default installation of IIS that is running the cart software just fine shouldn't need any intervention by the software designer in order to run (just my two cents).

I've removed the mod and the files from the system. Thank you for the refund. I'll be expecting the notice soon from Paypal. Let me know when you get the bugs worked out, I'd be interested in purchasing a version that has been properly beta tested and is ready to be released for sale.

sawan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-October-2006 at 1:03am

Hi,

I appreciate you your kind words.

However we do provide FREE installation support also, so if any bugs are found we would like to review it to help you out solving it.

Can you please send FTP details of the site so i can review and see why it is not working? I am sure it will work fine as it has worked here.

I would definately refund you, if the mod does not work fine. But I would appreciate if you can give it a try and let me see it.

Regards,
Sawan

Sawan S Ruparel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcunningham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2006 at 10:03pm

Hello Sawan. As you know, this mod had some interest from me and I was happy to see that you moved it to market. However, I did mention to you that a very tedious debugging was needed before it went public and I'm sorry to say that I wish you had taken my advice on that. Here's why, and hopfully you'll be able to get these bugs worked out before long and then I'll be able to possibly re-purchase it from you. For now, I'd like to request a refund for the reasons listed hereafter.

1)  The add to cart function on the search results frame, works, however, the cart frame doesn't display the cart. The frame turns from grey to white, but there isn't any data output/displayed. See the images I submitted. Ist one is the mod before selecting a product. The second is after placing a numeric value for the quantity of a product and clicking the 'add to cart' button.

2)  Hitting the refresh button in the cart page will hide all text in the search results frame.

3)  After exiting out of the mod page, going back to the admin page, selecting a different customer, clicking on the phone order link, the old cart contents will display.

4)  When the phone operator is finished shopping for the telephone customer and clicks checkout, the mod should return to a full size screen, instead of scrolling the whole checkout page inside that little frame.

These bugs were discovered after only 60 minutes of trying to adjust the code to make it work.

Thank you and good luck as you fix these areas of concern (bugs)!  :)

Please honor my request for the refund and I'll be happy to assist you in anyway I can to help make this a viable product for you.

Regards,

DC

sawan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2006 at 6:50am

Hi Eeveryone,

I regret for a long wait...

I have 2 versions of Phone Order mod ready. One for 2.7+ and other 3.0+.

The cost is £29.99, and additional £4.99 if you want us to install the module.

Package includes following:
1. All files required for installation
2. Installation instruction
3. Free Upgrade for future versions
4. Email support

Does not include:
1. Phone support
2. Installation services

You can buy add-on from http://www.intranet-services.com/pcphoneorder.html

Regards,
Sawan

p.s. first buyer for the add-on suggested a paypal diret link, so i have changed this now. Hope its useful to others.

Edited by sawan - 09-October-2006 at 8:04am
Sawan S Ruparel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic