ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

email

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickymoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: email
    Posted: 22-September-2010 at 3:27pm
Hello,

I have recently purchased ProductCart and I am learning how to use it.  I am having problems getting the email  to work.

I detect only CDOSYS and PersistASPmail as supported email components.  When I try to send test emails through CDO, CDOSYS and Persist ASP, the response I see is that they are not supported by the server.

Has anyone else had this problem or know of the solution?

Thanks

Mike http://www.costaricacigarstore.com
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2010 at 3:34pm
Your web  host should help with that.  If they cannot, you probably need to submit a support ticket to EI, or work with a developer.
macleather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2010 at 6:46pm
Hi Mickymoose and welcome to the forum. This may not apply to you but I was having a similar problem. In my case, in the email settings at SMTP server, instead of using the smtp.xxxx.xx I had to use relay.xxxx.xx. Don't know if this will work but it's worth a try.

Alan
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2010 at 1:07am
I recommend that you use CDO (there are some issues with CDOSYS on PC I've never had time to go iron our despite that we use CDOSYS for everything else on our server environment save, of course for PHP applications).

Then, definitely use the option to authenticate via SMTP, which is always the best practice anyways to mitigate against these script-based emails landing in junk mail folders.

If after that your test emails aren't working, PM me and I'll help you out via some diagnostic tools I have.
mickymoose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickymoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2010 at 3:53pm
Thank you all.

The problem was that the email account was not hosted porperly in the server at godaddy.

Another issue I seem to have with the email is that the contact us section of the ProductCart does not sem to contact anyone.  I would love to connect this section to my email but I cannot figure out how.

Does anyone know the solution?

Thanks,

Mike
Mike http://www.costaricacigarstore.com
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2010 at 8:15pm
friends don't let friends host serious stores at godaddy.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2010 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Greg Dinger Greg Dinger wrote:

friends don't let friends host serious stores at godaddy.

LOL

I was just talking with another IT guy yesterday who said he say a bumper sticker that said "Friends don't let friends host at GoDaddy". Cracked me up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic