ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Automate address verification with UPS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhsign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Automate address verification with UPS
    Posted: 18-November-2010 at 11:45am
I think there needs to be a address validator and not let the customer select whether they are residential or commercial. We are getting more & more customers selecting commercial when they are not. We have asked some customers why they selected commercial & they think just because they have a business in there home that it automatically makes them a commercial address.
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2010 at 1:33pm
Many don't understand that UPS requires them to have a separate entrance to qualify as commercial.  I had the same issue here, when we moved up here.  We have two buildings, one for the business and one for the home.  This property was a private residence prior, so UPS had it as residential in the system.  We had to ask them to change it, and they said that they will have a drive inspect this to make sure it qualifies under their rules.  We did, but this shows you that they just don't know or take someones word for it.  Home offices will never qualify under their rule. 

I prefer to set it to residential for all shipments.  That will take the shipping cost question out of the equation and I make a little bit extra on the few that are commercial.  Most of the time we pay extra anyway, because the cart does not take packing material weight into consideration.
Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic