ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help improving attribute images

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2007 at 10:31am
Thanks guys. I know nothing about the 'guts' of PC. But what would happen if you place no value in the width at that line? Would it go to the full image? Anyway, I think for now I can live with a single width image. But I still think it should be changed to show the detail image at whatever size it was uploaded.

Edited by carstone - 18-February-2007 at 10:33am
cysayles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cysayles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2007 at 11:01am

I tried it without width and the 350px picture was resized to 360px (go figure).

In my store all the large pics are 350px so I will use the (width: 350px)

cy
cysayles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cysayles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2007 at 11:08am

I looked at that again and the pic in the popupwindow (without the width parameter) is the 350px detail image. I believe if your detail pic were a different width it would not be resized.

cy

cy
netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2007 at 11:10am

The pcStoreFront.css has the following CSS definition:

#pcMain .pcShowMainImage img {
  padding: 5px;
  border: 1px solid #cccccc;
 }

So it adds 5px of space on either side of your image, hence 350 + 5 + 5 = 360. If you remove the width style in the popup code, it should just display the image at the actual width which is what Cy mentioned.

NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
carstone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2007 at 2:36pm

Again, I want to thank you both. I opened viewPrdPopWindow.asp in MS ExpressionWeb and changed the width to "auto" and it works like a charm. The only problem I have now is that the window itself is too short. I need to edit the popup window size now. BUT...the pictures look great now and that is exactly what I wanted it to do. Thanks!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2007 at 4:17pm

Check includes/javascripts/pcWindowsViewPrd.asp. There is a line like:

lrgewin=window.open("about:blank","","height=600,width=800,s tatus=no,titlebar=yes")

Change the height=600. Caution here though because some people's screen size will only handle 600 high.

Our Site
cysayles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cysayles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2007 at 4:22pm

question for netprofits.

how do I change the # of thumbnails displayed? I know there is a setting but I'm not sure which file it's in.

cy

cy
carstone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2007 at 5:31pm

Rather than change the window size, I decided to add "scrollbars=yes" to the line as so:

lrgewin=window.open("about:blank","","heig ht=600,width=800,scrollbars=yes,status=no,titlebar=yes")

And it works to my satisfaction. Now when the image is too tall, scroll bars show up allowing the bottom of the image to show. Thank you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2007 at 8:24am
Hi Cy, in viewPrdCode.asp, look for the routine called pcs_AdditionalImages. The line pcv_intProdImage_Columns = 3 defines how many thumbnails per row. But I think the routine will display ALL additional images and just keep adding rows as needed. Is that what you meant?

Our Site
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic