ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help! Discounts being calculated incorrectly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrekLightGear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! Discounts being calculated incorrectly
    Posted: 17-September-2009 at 12:58pm
I just received a report from a good samaritan customer saying that the 10% off coupon he used gave him more than a 10% discount.   I looked at the order and confirmed it, double checked the coupon to make sure it was set at 10% and then went back through several recent orders and found that it's been happening for some time!  The discount is only being calculated incorrectly when dealing with a discounted product bundle.  Here's an example where the customer used the 10% off code (no other coupon or promotion is being used) and a product bundle was involved:

ORDER DETAILS                                     UNIT PRICE     TOTAL
==============================
========================================
QTY       1
SKU       doublehammock
PRODUCT   Double Hammock
PRICE                                                           $69.95
OPTIONS   Color: Camo

QTY       1
SKU       TLGBUGFREE
PRODUCT   Bug Free Hammock Shield
PRICE                                                           $50.00
Bundle Discounts                                               -$10.00

QTY       1
SKU       TLGV9TARP
PRODUCT   The V9 Strong Tarp
PRICE                                                           $55.00

Subtotal:   $164.95
                                       Less Discounts Used:  (-$23.49)
                                                     Taxes:    $11.54
                                                =====================
                                                     Total:   $153.00

In this case, it's almost 15% off the total, but that's not a constant - on other ones where it's incorrect it was upwards of a 16% or more off the total.

This is obviously a big problem so any help would be appreciated.  I can open a ticket if need be but figured I'd post here in case this had been encountered before.  I can confirm that the coupon code is working just fine for all orders that don't involve the bundle.  Thanks!
Seth Haber
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-September-2009 at 1:11pm
Hi,
  Please raise a support ticket.  We have had no other reports of this issue.

Edited by Hamish - 17-September-2009 at 1:12pm
TrekLightGear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrekLightGear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-September-2009 at 1:31pm
Thanks Hamish.  I just tried to open a ticket but looks like the process has changed, I logged in and then got the message "We were not able to locate any ProductCart License Keys associated with your Customer Account. If you believe that you are receiving this message in error, please contact us."    I didn't realize I was going to run into a whole new problem trying to open a ticket! Must not be my lucky day. :)  I sent an email in and I'm sure we'll get this resolved, thanks for the help as always...
Seth Haber
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-September-2009 at 2:52pm
Hi,
   Yes, the update & support policy has changed. It was announced in our newsletters along with details as to the reasons behind the change.
http://www.earlyimpact.com/signup.asp You can sign up for the newsletter here (highly recommended) and see prior newsletters.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic