ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Improving ProductCart for phone ordering

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dcunningham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcunningham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2006 at 12:02pm
Sawan,

Thx for the props man! .  Hey I'd like to see the instructions you've written for how to install your little mod here! Are you making this mod available to the community? Let me know when your releasing this so I can plug it into my store and test it from start to finish.
Regards,
sawan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-September-2006 at 7:05am

Hi Everyone,

I have added one more feature in admin section to make the add-on user friendly.

This mod can be launched from the admin area and search for a client, then place an order for that client. You will find a new link just like in screen 1 below.

Example: Cust A calls company rep R to make a purchase over the telephone. Rep R goes into the admin area, selects the customer or creates a new one, then uses the mod to fill the cart, then go to checkout. The mod know/remember the login credentials to proceed with the order.

Long story short, the mod can work from user as well as from admin area both serving the same purpose.

Thanks to dcunningham for the suggestion.

I am ready to launch the mod now.

Regards,
Sawan

Sawan S Ruparel
sawan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2006 at 12:57am

Hi jeanluc,

That is something which can be easily customized from customer end too.

Thanks for the suggestion.

The mod is been launched soon now.

Regards,
Sawan

Sawan S Ruparel
jeanluc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeanluc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-September-2006 at 8:03pm
You might consider putting Frame 1 at the bottom, so that it flows logically.

sawan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-September-2006 at 11:49pm

Hi Mullins,

Thanks for the kind words. I will have the demo ready for working in a day or two and let you know ASAP.

There are couple of guys waiting for the mod to be released now.

Regards,
Sawan

Sawan S Ruparel
mullins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mullins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-September-2006 at 2:09pm
taking on extra staff to deal with high volume traffic and calls over holiday periods is ifficult to manage at the best of times so any help to simplify the telephone ordering process is to be welcomed. Even with the first rate back end customisation of productcart some of our temp staff are a little daunted by a myriad of menus and options.

this is an excellent project Sawan, good job fella!
sawan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-September-2006 at 1:44am

Hi dcunningham,

just sent you a demo link for phone ordering

Sawan

Sawan S Ruparel
dcunningham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcunningham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-September-2006 at 11:24am
This sounds like an interesting behavior from the admin area. I would be interested to test it out & evaluate it in my store also if you wish.
sawan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-September-2006 at 3:07am

Hi Jeff,

This add-on is just for you, and works in the exact environment you suggested.

The product is about to go LIVE, I had few issues i wanted to clear before it, should take about 3-4 days to complete them.

I will let you know soon.

Regards,
Sawan

p.s. just sent you a PM with beta link for working version of the module. hope you like it.

Edited by sawan - 08-September-2006 at 3:11am
Sawan S Ruparel
dockgear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dockgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2006 at 6:27pm

Sawan,

I could use some functionality like this.  I get plenty of orders by phone which I typically just enter in same as a customer would on the website front end.  It would be nice to have a simple admin interface to locate products, add them to the cart, calculate shipping and tax and produce a final quote on screen to verbalize to the customer, in addition you could continue on and enter your customer information, then be emailed the quote or submit as an order after grabbing credit card/payment details.

Nevertheless, the idea is a good one and I would certainly benefit from it.

Let me know when it's debugged and ready to go.

Thanks,

Jeff G

DockGear.com

Edited by dockgear - 07-September-2006 at 6:30pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic