ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for customers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for customers
    Posted: 26-June-2009 at 4:20pm

I'm a reseller looking for customers.  Is there a place on this forum where I can post a request?  Also, if anyone has any other helpful info, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jim
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2009 at 4:27pm
Reseller of what?  ProductCart?  If so, there is a forum section titled "partner offers" where you may wish to post your pitch.
JamesD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2009 at 4:46pm
Yes, thanks -- I just posted there now.
netprofits View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2009 at 4:58pm
Hi Jim, I saw your post on the Product Cart Partner forum. I would strongly encourage you to NOT use GoDaddy hosting for Product Cart sites. Although they are very inexpensive, they are riddled with problems. You can do a search in the forums and see a number of users who have tried to use GoDaddy and the headaches they have had.
NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2009 at 5:09pm
Thank you Dan.  I completely agree. 

And honestly James, I have to wonder how much work one can deliver to a merchant for $1500 including the PC license. That's certainly an appealing price but unless you value your time at a very low rate, I'm curious about just how far you can take your prospective customers to the success that we all want them to enjoy (and still be able to feed yourself, etc.)  We can just barely implement a pre-designed template, and integrate it nicely for that fee - much less include the PC license.
JamesD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2009 at 5:25pm
I don't believe I'm de-valueing the product or my time.  The last half-dozen customers I've had were just looking for a some very simple customization to the base ProductCart -- background theme, colors, logo... things I could do very easily.  There seems to be a market for that.  However, some do request an overhaul, and I do of course charge extra for that.
cognecy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cognecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2009 at 5:37pm
I "Third" that motion NOT to use GoDaddy for ProductCart sites. 

GoDaddy is your typical 'budget host' and you really do get what you pay for.  If I had a few pages that I needed hosting for cheap and did not have to worry about a database, then GoDaddy might be a good.  However, when it comes to applications hosting and in particular, ProductCart, they really fall short on a lot of levels. 

Mark Shipp
Cognecy Solutions, LLC
Hosting/Design/Customization/Database Migration
www.cognecy.com
www.cognecy.co.uk
JamesD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2009 at 6:00pm
Is the consensus that there's more of a market for sites with advanced customization?  I'll gladly take any advice I can get.  I need to generate business fast.
netprofits View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2009 at 6:16pm
Hi James, if you are getting business on the low end and can afford to build sites for $1500 by all means stick with it. We have been building web sites for over 11 years and specifically working with Product Cart for about 6 years. The majority of our work is Product Cart sites which usually includes purchasing and setting up the site, providing hosting, creating a nice design, integrating the design into the PC template, doing some programming customizations, training the client on how to use PC, etc. For many of our sites, the customization cost is more than everything else combined. There is no way we can earn a living charging only $1500 for a site including the PC license. As Greg hinted, we spend a lot of time working with the customer, making sure the design is professional, and they understand how to optimize their site for search engines and conversion of sales.
NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2009 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by JamesD JamesD wrote:

I'll gladly take any advice I can get.

Here's a helpful idea - I just looked for flashpowered.com and don't find anything.  Build a web site including a portfolio of your work so that prospective clients can judge your skills in advance of contacting you so they know whether you are able to do work that meets their expectations. 

You could also post them to www.greatonlinestores.com which will provide exposure to you.  Many merchants looking to build a store reference that site for ideas.

By getting your work online, developers who have overload may also be able to judge your ability to take on tasks that they might be willing to offer to you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic