ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More space for Product Reviews by Customers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More space for Product Reviews by Customers
    Posted: 06-November-2010 at 3:14am
I recently purchased a product from PeeWeePC.com, a ProductCart store.

LOVE the Pivot laptop I bought for me little girl. They are running PC 4.11 and sent me a email follow-up to write a review . . . but I only had a small input field and the name of the field lead me to believe this was just the title, not the content of the review.

The content field for the review should be a textbox allowing at least 255 char IMHO.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2010 at 3:01am
Hi Sean,

It sounds like they might have incorrectly setup the Product Reviews Fields. You might want to let them know. I'm sure they will appreciate your feedback as a customer and as a ProductCart user yourself!

In ProductCart you have complete control over the number and the type of fields shown to customers when they wish to write a review. The fields that you can show include text fields (e.g. "What was the reason for your purchase?"), ratings fields (e.g. "Overall Quality" from 1 to 5), drop-downs, and text areas.

See this demo >>

You can also override the general settings at the product level, which allows you to setup N product reviews fields, but then only apply a subset of them to one or more specific products for which some of them might not make sense.

All in all, you have a pretty significant amount of flexibility.

Here is detailed documentation on the "Manage Fields" part of the Product Reviews feature.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic