ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving Server to new Server and Plesk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dguzman37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving Server to new Server and Plesk
    Posted: 25-October-2012 at 10:46am
Hi all,

I'm trying to move Product Cart v3 to a new server running Plesk.  I have the database moved over and am just trying to run the site properly.  I can get to step 2 of the activation.  I put the connection string in and it just sits waiting.  I made a username and password in Plesk.  I believe the problem is the we are running Microsoft Windows Server 2008 with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 but it is set to Windows Authentication instead of SQL Authentication.  How do I change it to SQL Authentication thru Plesk?
If that's not the issue, is it something else?
Thanks!

- Dan
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2012 at 10:55am
you don't re-activate the license in the process of moving a site.

dguzman37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dguzman37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2012 at 2:04pm
Sorry I didn't mean activation.  It was the steps to install.  It was Step 2: Web server Readiness utility.
It never gets to results.  It takes forever and then I get a server not responding error.  I'm pretty sure the settings are correct and the database is there but I'm not sure why it's not working.  Any ideas?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2012 at 2:23pm
Dan, if you running the installer, you are not performing the correct steps to move the site to another server.  You may want to look at the link I provided.  Moving away from Godaddy?
dguzman37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dguzman37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2012 at 2:29pm
I am following the link you sent.  It's in highlighted in green with the light bulb.  It's in the setup folder.  Step 2.  I can't get past testing the connection string.  I am using IIS7 setup by my IT company and I have RDP access now instead of just plesk but it still just spins, trying to move past step 2 and times out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2012 at 2:35pm

Once again, you do not run the "initial store setup" stuff when moving a site.

Unless I am simply missing something, I see no reference on this page to a step 2 that talks about testing the connection string.

I see that reference on this page:
http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/productcart/activate

dguzman37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dguzman37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2012 at 3:39pm
Wow! I don't understand why you can't see it...click connect to database on the right when you first land on the page and scroll a little way down to the light green box with the light bulb in it. ??? Are you going to another page??? Can you tell me what is on the page you reference?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2012 at 3:56pm
I think it might be best if you submited a support request at this point Dan.  I see the green box you are referring to, and I don't believe that any of us who work with the cart regularly find a need for that step.  Someone with a solid working knowledge of the application and database connections should be permitted to access the server and get this done for you.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2012 at 4:03pm
If you authentication criteria for the database connection is correct, you might want to check with you host to see if there is a certain port you need to be connecting through.

You might also want to see if you can get an error message on this. To do this, open /includes/opendb.asp and comment out both instances of "on error resume next". Then in /pcadmin/adminv.asp comment it out there too.

Don't forget to reverse this when you are done ;-)
dguzman37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dguzman37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2012 at 4:20pm
Ok so I tried commenting out the "on error resume next" lines.  For fun I decided to try the connection string with nothing in it and it does the same thing.  It doesn't go anywhere and doesn't give any errors.  
No errors and nothing being processed. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic