Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help improving attribute images

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2007 at 2:28pm

No, this does not tell you how the thumbnail is created. It simply tells you how the image width is set via CSS. The image is created by you or by the Image Upload & Resize tool. It's never distorted when it's created by the Impage Upload & Resize too. You can certainly create your own and FTP the image to the "pc/catalog" folder.

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
carstone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2007 at 7:17pm

I am having the same issue. When the (Click to see larger image and other views) thumbnail is clicked, the popup showing all the additional product views with the rollovers is resizing the image and distorting it. It looks very bad. It is using the right image, it is just resizing (as opposed to resampling) the image. IE: The detail image is being used but the detail image is being resized to a smaller dimension to display it. The right click properties of the image are correct except for the dimension for the detail image. If I right click and download that image to my computer, then view it, it is just fine. This is a resizing issue that I, too, would like to "turn off".

In contrast, if you are on the same product page, hover over one of the additional product views so the rollover changes, then click on "Zoom" instead, then the properly sized detail additonal view image displays by itself.

I really like this functionality, but I really want the resize issue to be removed. I too am using photoshop and directly FTPing my images so they are exactly what I want. This is destroying the image when viewed via (Click to see larger image and other views) on the additional product views.

I apologize if this crossed the line into technical support, I was just jumping in on this thread. Thanks.

Edited by carstone - 17-February-2007 at 7:20pm
cysayles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cysayles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2007 at 7:50pm
you explained the situation totally, it's like the resize doesn't do a resample.
cy
netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2007 at 8:23pm
The FAQ that EI posted explains this. There are no thumbnails generated for the additional images. Only the regular and large images. PC uses a class in the pcStoreFront.css file to force the image thumbnails to be resized to a maximum width of 50px by default. It is not a new image, just a non-proportionate resize by CSS. You can change the CSS and remove the width definition but then your images will be as large as the regular size image. Your best option is to make your regular images equal height and width so the look better when sized in CSS. If that is not an option you'll probably need to create something from scratch. There are routines that can resize an image proportionately but it would be some work to implement that on the product detail page.
NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
carstone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2007 at 7:29am

Thanks netprofits, that does explain the thumbnail, but my bigger concern is not with the thumbnail. It is with the full size detail image that is called in the window with multiple thumbnails.

Again, this window is called up when you click on one of the additional product view images. You get a window with all additional product view thumbnails again, with a single detail image that rolls with the thumbnails hovered over. That detail image is the problem one. In my case, it is taking my 350 width detail image and resizing it without resampling down to 310 width. It is killing the image by doing this. Maybe 310 is a max setting and if I resize my image to that dim, I will come out OK. Or is it a % down scale that will occur no matter what size detail image I feed it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2007 at 7:47am
Do you have a link to a product we can view where this is happening?

Our Site
carstone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2007 at 8:15am
netprofits: I just PM'ed you the details. Thanks much.
cysayles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cysayles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2007 at 9:21am

this is a link in my store which causes the same issue/problem as mentioned above, http://www.bikerstuff.ca/store/pc/viewPrdPopWindow.asp?idPro duct=917

however, when the zoom feature is used from http://www.bikerstuff.ca/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=10& amp;idproduct=917 the correct 350px picture is used.

In another store of mine this feature uses a routine by lightbox http://pranas.net/webgallerycreator/ which works without resizing http://bikerstickers.ca/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=41 however I believe the rollover may be slower on the display but the zoom feature is much nicer.

cy
cysayles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cysayles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2007 at 9:29am

Well I just figured out how to fix the large image resize.

change this code in the pc/viewprodpopupwindow.asp (line 247) to your large image size (I changed to 350px, it was at 300px)

/*---------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------
  ProductCart Product ViewPrd.asp Images
 ------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------*/ 
 #pcMain .pcShowMainImage img {
  width: 350px;
 }

cy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2007 at 10:07am
That is correct. I'm not sure why that style is over-ridden within that source code since that .pcShowMainImage class is included in the pcStoreFront.css file. But anyway, you can change the width to your desired width. But that still assumes all your detail images are 350. If you have different sized images, you would need to actually modify the pcs_ProductImage routine within viewPrdCode.asp to not use a class with a specific width.

Our Site
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic