ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PayPal & Terms/Conditions of Sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st-line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PayPal & Terms/Conditions of Sale
    Posted: 25-February-2013 at 11:42pm

In our launch in December, we implemented Cardinal Commerce via an authorize.net gateway. Not easy!

Today, we implemented PayPal Express Checkout. Very easy!

On the one page checkout (OPC) going through authorize.net, custoemrs are asked to agree to our terms and conditions of sale. Since PayPal Express seems to bypass OPC, where do customers agree to the terms and conditions of the sale?
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2013 at 3:24am
In a word, nowhere, this is because the whole checkout process happens within PayPal. There MAY be somewhere in PayPal where you could replicate this. I recommend logging in to your PayPal account and searching there, or checking PayPal help. 
1st-line View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st-line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2013 at 6:29am
Hamish,

As always, thanks for the quick answers. This is a design flaw that needs to be corrected. For a customer who used PayPal yesterday on our site, her order's 'other detail' tab showed the below agreement as she agreed to the terms and conditions, when in fact she did not. This puts ALL your clients who use PayPal or other payment methods at greater risk for disputes. There should be a if/then statement there with a checkbox (like the normal checkoput process) that does not allow them to proceed until the check box is marked. This should be done for every payment method outside the scope of the normal checkout process in PC. What would be EI's receommend code to make this work?

Terms and Conditions Agreement
This customer agreed to the Terms and Conditions Agreement during the checkout process prior to placing this order on 2/25/2013.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2013 at 8:16am
I strongly suspect that we are constrained by PayPal in what we can do as they have very strict rules about how it is implemented. I will check with the development team. Have you checked to see if you can add it to the Paypal setup on your PayPal account?
1st-line View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st-line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2013 at 9:39am
I logged into our account in their web site, and there is no place to put in a terms and conditions of sale.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2013 at 12:54pm
I'm looking at this on a 4.6 site, and whether placing an order as a guest or as a registered user using PayPal Express, the user is still required to complete billing info included agreeing to the terms & conditions.

I'm not seeing the issue here.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2013 at 1:08pm
Thanks Sean, I hadn't had a chance to check as I was on my mobile.
1st-line View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st-line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2013 at 8:50pm
With PayPal Express, one is not taken to the OPC, but to PayPal's web site and this is where the billing and shipping info automatically comes in and populates PC. PayPal says they list our terms and conditions, but we can not see it.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2013 at 9:21pm
Hi Jim,

What version are you running?

When I test this on 4.6, selecting PayPal Express at either viewcart.asp or OnePageCheckout.asp (on the login panel), I'm taken to PayPal to log in and process and then returned to the OPC to complete.

When I check out as a new customer, I get the same message on order details in the CP as you reported -- because I did have to check the box to agree to the terms & conditions.

I did not test this on earlier versions, though.
1st-line View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st-line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2013 at 9:39pm
v4.5. I think i know where the problem is. thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic