ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Request a Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GVLINK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Request a Review
    Posted: 05-November-2007 at 8:07am
Reviews are good for our business; they help customers make buying decisions, and they help search engines find our site.
The trick is getting your customers to review the products that they purchased.

I
t could be done sending an email to every customer asking them to review the product(s) they bought.

Many kind thanks.

Edited by GVLINK - 05-November-2007 at 8:09am
ShoeSells View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShoeSells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2009 at 10:41am
This would be a great feature to add.   We have plans to add it to help also with the buying decisions and search engines find us.  Our plans are send one out 30 days after the ship date. 
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2009 at 9:44pm
I'm interested in this thread.

Reviews are one of the few "Web 2.0" options for shopping cart sites typically, and they really can be beneficial for customers making buying decisions (I always scan reviews when they're available when shopping online), and add the same kind of "SEO kick" to pages that comments on blog posts can provide (that is, new content being added, which keep the robots coming back looking for new stuff).

The issue with smaller merchants, though, always seems to be how to encourage customers to actually come back and contribute a review.

Some ideas:
  • Definitely follow-up emails as has been suggested here (pretty simple to do, really)
  • Perhaps offering loyalty points and/or discount coupons for those that contribute reviews (I'm amazed how few online stores do this)
Another ancillary idea I was thinking about is to allow folks to write a product review to also contribute a testimonial of their experience with their purchasing history. Testimonials can definitely help with customer confidence/buying decisions and with SEO in that they can be used as randomized content that can keep pages looking fresh to search engine robots.
thegardenbath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegardenbath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-June-2009 at 11:59am
I'd definitely be interested in this mod!  My business is making bath & body products, and until they invent smell-o-vision, the more reviews I get on a scent or product - the better!

Thanks!  I've bookmarked your site to keep an eye on the development of this one.
whizzinpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizzinpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2010 at 2:37pm
This would be a great add-on and is much needed.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2010 at 9:32pm
Thanks for continuing to voice your interest, folks.

I'm still following this, and it is on our list. Just have some other's ahead of it, namely HTML formatted emails, Left Navigation Control, and Follow-Up on Abandonded carts.

Follow me on Twitter if you want to be informed of our new add-ons and other PC news: http://twitter.com/SeanWMS
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2010 at 10:07pm
I would love to offer reward points to my customers for placing reviews.

Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2010 at 11:18pm
Thanks, Katharina,

That's definitely one of the options. It's been quite I while scince I first specked this one out, so I'm wide open to folks here helping us think of the various ways to "bribe" customers into contributing a review.

First of all, I think there will have to be a policy in place to explicate what is a "quality" review -- good or bad, it must meet a certain level of thoughtfulness and then be reviewed by admin before it displays and the "bribe" is awarded, methinks.

Next, what are some of the creative ways to "bribe" them?
  1. Reward points
  2. Coupon code of some sort
    1. Could be a discount on next order
    2. Could be a discount on shipping for next order
  3. Send them something free -- maybe a cap or t-shirt with your company logo

Any other ideas on the "bribes"?

Edited by Sean@WMS - 05-March-2010 at 11:23pm
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-March-2010 at 12:13am
ProductCart v4.1 will include simple reminders to write a review. As of right now it does not include a reward for doing so, but this could be added down the road.

What it will do, as of right now...

- IF product reviews are ON
- IF product has not been excluded from reviews via the product exclusion feature
- THEN show a "Write a review" link below the product name:
> on the order completed page (but not the printer-friendly page)
> on the order details page (but not on the printer-friendly page)
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-March-2010 at 1:30am
Our approach will be an email follow-up, after the customer has had time to receive and experience the product.

We weren't considering anything as imediate as:
> on the order completed page (but not the printer-friendly page)
> on the order details page (but not on the printer-friendly page)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic