ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > Apparel Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reward points question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reward points question
    Posted: 22-July-2009 at 4:46pm
I have read that the reward points can only be applied to a parent product. I am not sure I understand how this works. If I have product X and the customer must choose a size one is expensive and one is cheap, doesn't this just award the points based on the price? So wouldn't that be assigning reward points to the sub products?Or am I missing something?
Carebear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2009 at 7:52pm
HELLO??? Anyone there? Please help?
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2009 at 9:53pm
Hi Carebear: this is currently a limitation in the software. Reward Points are set at the parent product level, not at the sub-product level (Apparel Add-on).
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Carebear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2009 at 2:36pm
but what if the parent product is assigned a zero price and the options add onto the price? does this mean I cannot use the reward points at all???
Carebear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-August-2009 at 11:34am
See above question

?????????
Carebear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-September-2009 at 2:00pm
Please help me out here. see above about zero priced parent product.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2009 at 1:16pm
Hi Carebare,

Yes, it means you would not be able to offer for an apparel product with parent product price of $0 without significant customization to the reward points logic in the application.

There are some tallented certified developers who could customize your cart to do this, though.
Carebear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-September-2009 at 4:03pm
Does Version 4 fix this? I am not sure I want to hire out customization if it will be corrected in the update.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-September-2009 at 5:36pm
I want to be careful here that I don't come off sounding like I'm expressing the wrong tone, so please don't take my comments harshly.

As a developer, I worry when non-existing features (or shortcomings in features) are looked upon as a bug, or that introduction of such a feature would be looked upon as a correction.  Neither such case would be a fair assessment of some situations.

There are features that PC does not include, intentionally, and possibly with great reluctance and frustraton on the part of the development team.  This frequently is due to great complications that such features might involve. 

There are also features in PC that simply are not fully rounded out, and such would be the case with the reward points stuff.  It's a partial solution, and I can think of one other aspect that may be as important as what you raise that is not the best possible implementation.  In the end, sometimes choices have to be made in terms or prioritizing the level of effort to do something.

For example there is a functionality difference in the Highslide feature in the standard versus apparel versions of the code.  Pity, but true, and easily understood from a technical perspective.  Tough to accept as a user, but so be it.  It is what it is.

In the case of your request, it's probably a similar situation.  It's a real challenge to support some features when dealing with subproducts.   Whether or not such a feature enhancement is planned in V4, I'm not sure that characterizing such an effort as a correction fairly describes such an activity. 

It it were a bug, so to speak, that might be fair to refer to it as a correction.  Unfortunately, being fairly familliar with portions of the apparel mod, I can appreciate the difficulty that it may be to fulfill your request - just as EI had to make compromises on how they implemented Highslide.

If EI isn't able to commit to this for V4, you may want to check the certified developers to see who has the time and familiarity with those aspects of the code (reward points and subproducts, individually and as a whole).

Hope this helps.
Carebear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2009 at 10:49am
Hi. I appreciate what you are saying. As a developer you can understand the inner workings better than I can. However, as a consumer of this cart, to me if an Add-On negates the benefits of the base product, that is a bug and needs correcting. I can guarantee I am not the only consumer to feel this way. I am especially frustrated that it is not spelled out to the consumer in a clear way that the features that are being so heavily marketed for the base product are not going to work with the add-on. So I don't find this out until I am already financially invested beyond the point of dumping and moving on to another cart.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic