ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shopping cart timeout/losing order

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianRoden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shopping cart timeout/losing order
    Posted: 13-January-2009 at 4:41pm
I just got sent the following by our sales dept:

I just talked to one of my customers in AK that is refusing to use the website because she is familiar with the software we are using an said that she refuses to use it because it will not save and order. She said if you walk away 20 minutes and come back to finish your order it will drop off.

How do we deal with this? I've increased the timeout values in IIS per the Wiki article.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2009 at 5:33pm
Hi Brian,
     Hopefully that will be sufficient, although there was a discussion over the pro's and con's of increasing the timeout elsewhere on the forum. Basically it boiled down to "try it and see" although it went into quite a bit of technical detail.

Another option is the "Session Saver" add-on mentioned on the WIKI. http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/widgets/thirdparty/thirdparty
It's a commercial add-on, but if it saves you sales it's worth looking at.
Another option for the customer in AK , if you have it enabled, is to add products to a wish list as these do not time out, they are stored in the customers record - BUT the customer must be logged in to use that feature.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic