ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

main category not importing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianRoden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: main category not importing
    Posted: 17-July-2008 at 12:35pm
We are a craft publisher, and are setting up a ProductCart site for our wholesale customers (independent craft shops) to order from. Our main categories are Publications, DVD/Video, Scrapbooking, Yarn Accessories, and a few others. The vast majority of our SKUs fall into Publications. We have prepped a CSV file with the proper category names in the "Category name" field. In Publications, we have a lot of skill subcategories like "Cross Stitch", "Knitting", "Quilting", and so on. We have these set in "Additional category 1", with "Publications" in the field "Parent category 1".

When we upload and import the CSV file to load the store items, Publications does not end up showing as a top-level category on the Navigation. Instead, all its child categories go to the top level, alongside the other true top-level categories like DVD/Video and Scrapbooking. If I go to Manage Categories, Publications is not listed as a category, but if I chose to add a category, Publications is the pre-selected value in the drop-down list for the parent category (in fact, it doesn't leave me an option for leaving the parent category blank, so I can't add a top-level category).

Something's totally wacky, and I haven't been able to locate it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic