ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

USPS Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USPS Problem
    Posted: 11-February-2009 at 5:05pm
I've been having problem getting postal rates to show at checkout or the shipping estimator.  I do get some orders with USPS, so I know it sometimes works.  I personally haven't been able to pull any postal rates for 2 solid days, and I have been trying it on 3 different computers even with different browsers.  Now here is my question:  Has there been any newer string setting for USPS?  I've been using the sames setting in PC for 5 years now.  Should I apply for a new USPS license?   Has anyone having the same problem at this time?  We are loosing customers when they get only presented with higher UPS rates.   Especially on light weight items.
Katharina
Diaper Junction View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diaper Junction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2009 at 11:18am
I just checked, and mine is showing fine for USPS, all classes we have selected.

Maybe remove the option and then re-apply it?

Melanie
Diaper Junction
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2009 at 1:04pm
Thanks tried that and turning it off and back on.  Nothing worked.  At least now I know the USPS service is running.  Thought there may be a problem with them, so I figured I ask you guys before I trouble the EI people.  I've also just upgraded to apparel add on and it seems the problem has shown up at that time, perhaps there is a problem.  Not sure.  I've opened a trouble ticket this morning with EI.  I'm sure they can figure it out.
Katharina
bsnyder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsnyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2009 at 6:03pm
Was this ever resolved?

I am working on moving are store to a new host, and I seem to be down to just one last problem.  Neither USPS or FedEX are returning a estimate value on the new web host. 
I am thinking Katharina's problem may be somewhat related.
Old host is still active untill I work out all the kinks on the new host.
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2009 at 6:08pm
This has been resolved, but it was actually my fault.  I had some custom coding in the file that caused a conflict with the new version.  The original file supplied by PC is working fine.
Katharina
bsnyder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsnyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2009 at 6:10pm
Ok, thanks for your Reply Katharina

Don't think this would apply to me then as the file on my old server and new server are exactly the same.
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2009 at 7:50pm
When you change hosts you should go to the troubleshooting page in your control panel and make sure the same XML parser is available.
bsnyder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsnyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2009 at 1:16pm
Ahh yes, there is the answer I was looking for, Old host has XML Parser 6.0, new host only only has 5.0, so nothing was selected.
Once I selected 5.0 it worked again.

Thanks Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic