ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 2008 R2 64 bit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtardiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 2008 R2 64 bit
    Posted: 17-December-2012 at 2:08pm
I have spent 2 days trying to get our product cart working after it was migrated from a Windows 2003 32 bit server to a Windows 2008 R2 63 bit server.    Our product cart was integrated into another website.  I can get to the product cart control panel page with the login screen but when I enter a username and password I immediately get an http 500 internal server error.  I noticed in the storeconstants.php that the database string  is wrong and when I fix that I can't even get the control panel to come up.  If I set that right then I get the 500 internal server error immediately and I can't even get the control panel page to display.  That is just very weird to me.

I can get to the setup page and when I enter the connection string and press run,  instantly I get the same 500 internal server error.  It's kind of telling me that my IIS is probably not configured properly but I'm a newbie to all of this so I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing.  

Any suggestions would be great. 
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-December-2012 at 2:45pm
Hi, look @ the WIKI and make sure you followed EXACTLY all the correct steps. If that does not resolve the problem then please raise a support ticket.
mtardiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtardiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-December-2012 at 2:46pm
which part of the wiki am I looking at?
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-December-2012 at 2:48pm
http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/how_to/move_store If you didn't follow that I would seriously consider starting the migration from scratch.
mtardiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtardiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-December-2012 at 2:50pm
Yea,  all that was done.   Question... are there incompatiblity issues with 64bit W2008? 
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-December-2012 at 3:06pm
You have to run ASP applications in a 32-bit application pool when running the 64-bit OS.

It may benefit you to host your site at a service where the folks know ProductCart and will be able to work efficiently at configuring your site.
josh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2013 at 5:43am
I too switched from 2003 32bit to 2008 R2 64 bit. I am running the application pool in 32 bit mode as recommended, and am finding the application pool reaches a limit and freezes. It seems 32 bit has a 2-4 gig max regardless. When I try to set the application memory pool limit (Either Virtual or Private memory) to 500Kb it recylces at approximately 30Kb every time ! What is the set up for recycling on IIS7.5 ? Please someone HELP !

Incidentally, for other settings I Currently I have set the following.. Can anyone comment on what is advisable for productcart. I can't believe this information isn't stated somewhere ?

Net Framework Version ; V2.0 (instead of V4. or No integrated code)
Managed Pipeline Mode = Classic (instead of Integrated)
Load User Profile = False 
Enable 32 bit = True 
Disable Overlapped Recycle = False 

Edited by josh - 04-March-2013 at 5:48am
ahuvainc@gmail.com
ricardoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricardoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2013 at 2:26pm
I think Productcart could gain a lot of speed if it could run as a 64-bit app with 64-bit SQL.  The SQL service hits a size limit because of 32-bit.  Am I wrong?
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2013 at 2:40pm
To clarify, ProductCart runs on 64 just fine.  The only issue is if you want to use 32 components, such as certain third party dlls for email and image sizing.  Those must run in 32 mode.  Your database should be a separate server and there is no reason it cannot be 64.  I have setup ProductCart on 64 machines and 64 databases several times in the past to verify what I am saying is correct.
josh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2013 at 11:27am
It still leaves the question unanswered. Where is the exact specifications for setting up app pool. This is fundamental and oh so crucial to run the store and yet productcart omits it from set up requirements and hosting requirements and hence so many issues. Today's IIS7.5 server has many options to set - so there should be a list. The documentation needs to evolve with the server progress.  I think I have it all correct, yet my site freezes often and I don't know why. How high can / should the app pool memory go if untouched and un recycled for say a week ? Mine goes to 300 + is that normal ? if not what is causing it ? Can someone at product cart check it / troubleshoot it ?
ahuvainc@gmail.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic