ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 2008 R2 64 bit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2013 at 11:05pm

Hi Josh, in terms of how to configure your server… it isn't practical for us have that manual.  Some settings in IIS have a manual of their own. You also to have to consider the instructions would vary depending on scores of variables, such as hardware and hosting platform. For the average user I’d suggest starting off with a shared web host or certified ProductCart host.  If you’re making the jump into VPN, there is NO substitution for using a professional server administrator.  An admin from your web host (that is familiar with your environment) would be a great asset.  Generally speaking, there are not a ton of things to change if you use the Web Platform Installer recommended IIS configuration. Mostly it is just enabling parent paths and single SSL sessions (both under ASP Settings), which is covered in the wiki.  In terms of your memory we have a good article on the wiki, but 200mb+ is completely normal for an eCommerce application. If you open a ticket we can dig in more.

josh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2013 at 7:13am
Can someone call me from your company to discuss web hosting my store. 
I also want to hire someone to review that the code is clean to rule out memory leaks and the sort. 
I am getting the error that when I edit an existing order and a product's options do not show up in the edit to adjust. It just shows Blank pull down menus. 
Let me know. 
Thanks. 
ahuvainc@gmail.com
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2013 at 11:57am
The pool should be set for the following:
- enable 32-bit applications - TRUE
- managed pipeline mode - CLASSIC

These settings are necessary, based on everything I have seen, for ANY ASP-based application.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic