ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Product Import Error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Product Import Error
    Posted: 02-August-2013 at 12:30pm
I am getting the error 'The CSV data file that you have uploaded is not properly formatted. Please consult the ProductCart User Guide for more information on the requirements for importing a Comma Separated Value file into ProductCart. Update the file and then upload it through the Import Wizard.' when attempting to update products online. I have followed the guide but still get this message. What is confusing is we have another productcart store and I have uploaded the exact same file to this store and it accepts it and progresses to the map fields stage. Obviously I haven't gone further as the 2 stores have completely different products. I have also taken an upload file known to work on the other site and tried it with the first store and get the same error message. I have tried with xls and csv files.

Could there be anything related to the productcart installation that is causing this?

In summary, store 1 neither file works. Store 2 both files are accepted. Any ideas? Both are hosted on the same physical server.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-August-2013 at 3:59am
Hi Paul,
  That's very strange! Please raise a support ticket so that we can investigate.
Please let us know the detals for both stores when you do so.
_Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-August-2013 at 4:42am
Hi Hamish

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately when I try to raise a ticket it says I am not eligable for support. I've sent you a PM with my email contact.

Thanks
Paul
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic