ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how to process short shipped orders?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Hadden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to process short shipped orders?
    Posted: 11-March-2014 at 12:02pm
Here is a common scenario for our business can someone explain the best way to handle this in product cart.

A customer orders a product we do not have enough of. Let's say it is 100pcs we only have 98pcs. Typically we ship the 98pcs and the order is considered closed, We do not do back orders.  The customer has authorized the full amount, what I have been doing is editing that order so it reflects the actual amount we are shipping and then the total is correct and I can then capture the correct amount. I suppose that works well enough, however I just changed the order and there is no reflection on the invoice that the customer originally ordered a different quantity. That is confusing to them and us when looking back on it.  Any advice on how to handle this differently?

Thanks
Chris
Chris
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2014 at 2:36am
Do you use the shipping wizard? This allows you to split orders based on qty for specific items.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic